At Freedom Orthodontics our primary concern is the health and safety of our patients and their families. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Patients, please brush your teeth at home before you come in to your appointment. We can’t offer complimentary tooth brushes at this time because all that tooth brush spatter creates an infection hazard.
- We ask that you refrain from bringing in a companion to your appointment unless the patient requires assistance. If possible, we ask that those accompanying the patients wait in the car to keep the number of people in the waiting room as low as possible.
- We will ask patients to rinse with mouth wash and wash their hands at the brushing stations before they are brought back to sit in the chair.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Upon arrival to help continue the social distancing recommendations we ask that you please call or text the office to check in for your visit, the front office will let you know as soon as we are ready for you. You will then see the front office attendant before going back.
- A face mask or covering will be required to enter the building, if you do not have one, one will be provided to you.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Your temperature will need to be taken prior to entering the building, any individuals whose temp is above 100.4 or visually show signs of flu/cold/covid19 like symptoms will be asked to reschedule their visit to another date.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, Xbox games, complimentary beverages and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.